In-person worship will begin on Sunday, August 2nd at 10:15am. The service will not look the same as it did before the pandemic. It may not “feel” like church, and that may be unsettling or frustrating to some. Our in-person worship will consist of a brief (~30 minute) Service of the Word with masks. In this beginning phase, Communion will be moved to scheduled private, outdoor services for families and individuals throughout the week. Due to limited seating, you will need to RSVP for the in-person worship service (see below). Seats will be assigned based on availability and proper distancing. We may run out of seats. Please mentally prepare for the fact that you will most likely not be sitting in your usual pew.
To reserve a seat for our first in-person worship service on August 2nd, please call the office (516.742.5858) on Thursday, July 30 from 9am-Noon.
Reservations for the following weeks will continue to take place by calling the office on the preceding Thursday from 9am-Noon. When you reserve a seat, we will need to know a couple things:
- How many in your group (if more than you) are attending?
- Do you need to use the elevator?
If you have developed any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last two weeks (including cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell) or if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please refrain from in-person worship and Communion. Those who are at higher risk from COVID-19 (i.e. those who are older or who have underlying health conditions) are also encouraged to remain at home.
Signs will be posted to remind you that safety is a priority in this opening phase.
• A mask or face covering will be needed for the duration of the service. If you do not have a mask or happen to forget it, we will have one on hand. Please do not put anyone in an awkward position by showing up and refusing to wear one.
• A distance of at least 6 feet must be kept while walking up to the building and while waiting to enter (if there is a line to get in).
• The door will be propped open for easy, contact-less entry.
• Congregants will be instructed upon entry to sanitize their hands. We will provide a large pump bottle of hand sanitizer for this purpose.
• Seating assignments will be given and you will be instructed where to sit. Only one individual, couple, or family will be seated at a time.
• In order to maintain safe distances, only a select number of pews are available.
• Windows will remain open for the duration of the service.
• Bottles of hand sanitizer are available in the pews.
• Offerings can be dropped off in a designated spot in the Narthex.
• The liturgy will be projected onto the screen in the Sanctuary.
• Singing will not take place in this initial phase. Pre-service and post-service music will be played.
• Upon dismissal, congregants will exit in an orderly, distanced fashion. I will not be able to make myself available for greetings before or after the service, but please know that I’m available by phone or email.
• Group chats will not take place inside the building before or after the service.
The Live Stream of the In-Person Worship Services begins on Facebook around 10:15am EST on Sundays.
Online Worship Services are on YouTube at 10:15am EST on Sundays.
If you are receiving God's grace at home through His Word, you have the option between the two services. Please note that both services will be available in their entirety after they have concluded. Click on either choice below to join us! Click on either choice below to join us!
If you have any questions about our worship, baptism, communion, confirmation, weddings, funerals or how to become a member of St. John's, please don't hesitate to email us!